FTC Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post (paid) links, which means I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that was recommended. See full Disclosure and Disclaimer here.
Many people desire to have beautiful, radiant skin. It exudes a sense of energy, vitality, and youthfulness. Fruit has often been shown to enhance skin tone when applied topically, especially in the form of a facial. So how do you determine which type of fruit can boost your skin’s vitality?
Which fruit facial is best for glowing skin? Overall, the best fruit facials for glowing skin are ones that include avocado, citrus fruits, kiwi, banana, or berries in their ingredients. There are also many other fruits that work nicely as well, but generally, these are found to be some of the best fruits to achieve more radiant skin.
Fruit facials can make your skin dewy and radiant. While there is an abundance of different fruits and concoctions that can produce nice results, it is important to know and understand the benefits of each. The most optimal results are achieved when you choose the right fruit facial for your face.
You Can Find The Products Mentioned in the Video Online at Amazon:
Here is a recipe for Turmeric Ginger milk!
1-2 inch pieces of fresh turmeric and ginger
sweetener of choice, i use manuka honey
Milk of choice, Use coconut or almond
Black pepper and any other spices you’d like!
Blend in blender, heat and server.
Just a word of caution. Before applying oils or any homemade skin formulas, it is important to perform a patch test on your skin. Even if you have never had a prior history of any skin irritation issues you may find that concentrations and different mixtures may cause slight irritation like rashes, swelling, itching, or even burning. To learn how to perform a patch test on your skin CLICK HERE
Best Fruits to Use for a Facial
When it comes to skin health, the phrase “you are what you eat” really holds true. Your skin is the biggest organ of the body and often reflects what is happening on the inside. A study indicates that fruit extract if used topically that it shows antioxidant activity.
There are many fruits that can not only enhance the overall health of your skin but can also help boost the brightness in your face and cause your cheeks to naturally glow.
Avocado, citrus fruits, kiwi, banana, and berries are all great options when it comes to choosing a fruit facial.
Avocados are like goddesses among fruits. With an abundance of antioxidants such as B-carotene, lecithin, and linoleic acid, they provide moisture and softness to the face. They also have good fatty acids called poly- and monounsaturated acids that provide nourishment to the top layer of your skin.
|DIY Avocado facial||mash an avocado|
add a 1/2 tablespoon of honey
and add a 1/2 tablespoon of lemon
leave on for about 20 minutes
The avocado will provide deep moisture, while the honey and lemon will brighten your skin. Once you rinse it off, your face will feel more nourished and have a nice glow.
Citrus fruits are often known for their high vitamin C content, but that is not all of the goodness they contain. They also have potassium, folate, calcium, thiamin, niacin, vitamin B6, phosphorus, magnesium, copper, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, and phytochemicals. With such an abundance of positive agents, these types of fruits can do wonders for your skin’s radiance.
Some of the best and most accessible citrus fruits for your skin are oranges and lemons.
|DIY lemon facial||slice a lemon in half|
dip it in some fine sugar
gently scrub the lemon onto your face until all of the sugar has dissolved
let sit for a few minutes
rinse off with warm water
This method removes dead skin cells and allows for fresh skin to emerge, baring a natural and healthy glow.
Kiwis are often confused with citrus fruits, due to their high acid content and distinctive tart taste. Yet kiwis have slightly different properties than citrus fruits. They have loads of vitamin C (about three times more than oranges, actually), vitamin K, vitamin E, folate, omega-3 fatty acids, and potassium.
The antioxidants in kiwis fight off free radicals, while vitamin E boosts collagen and smooths the skin. The result should be a highly rejuvenated face.
|DIY Kiwi Facial||take 1 kiwi and smash the flesh into a pulp with the help of a grinder or a blender|
add 1 tablespoon of lemon
rub it onto your face
rinse off with warm water
Bananas are commonly known as the pick-me-up fruit with a lot of potassium. They tend to make us feel fuller than if we were to, say, eat a plum. Aside from potassium, bananas also contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, and folate. The antioxidants in bananas help to fight free radicals and soften the skin when applied topically. Your skin will feel smooth, nourished, and radiant.
|DIY Banana Mask||mash 1 ripe banana in a bowl|
add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
add 1 tablespoon of honey
mix well gently rub the paste onto your face
leave on your face for about 15 minutes
rinse off with warm water
Berries are delicious frozen, room temperature, or warmed up and served on ice cream. They contain vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K, manganese, folate, and copper. Research has shown that certain berries like raspberries, strawberries, pomegranate, and cranberries have antioxidants and when used topically they fight free radicals. Free radicals, if not destroyed, can lead to premature aging and wrinkles.
There are many different types of berries — all possessing great health benefits. The most commonly heard of berries in the United States are blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries primarily. All of these can be used either together or individually as skin facials.
|DIY Berry Mask||blend a handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen, but preferably fresh)|
mix them into plain Greek yogurt
gently rub onto your skin
leave the mask on for about 10-20 minutes
rinse it off with water
This mask brings a fresh glow and a smooth softness to your skin.
If you don’t have the time or don’t want to make your own fruit facial mask there are some really good ones that are available online at Amazon. Here is a list of some to choose from for all skin types.
They offer 3 different pack sets Color A, Color B, and Color C:
Color A set has six packets containing Tea Tree, Honey, Avocado, Pomegranate, Charcoal, and Cucumber.
Color B set has six packets containing Aloe Vera, Collagen, Charcoal, Pomegranate, Rice and Honey.
Color C set has six packets containing Collagen, Vitamin C, Aloe Vera, Ginseng, Seaweed, and Acai Berry.
- in 15 minutes you can have quick results targeting skin issues like tone, hydration, firmness, and clarity
- Made In South Korea
- Honey – Cleanse and Moisturize, Cucumber – Soothe and Soften, Tea Tree – Calm and Refresh, Avocado – Regeneration, Charcoal – Purify and Refine, Pomegranate – Brighten and Enhance
- Individually soaked paper sheets that contours to your face
- For All Skin Types, 1 Sheet per Pack, 12 Packs Total
The Ultimate Supreme Collection for Every Skin Condition Day to Day Concerns.
- The SAEM Natural Mask Sheet uses a lightweight “essence pocket” sheet that is imbued with essences formulated from natural ingredients found in nature.
- The little pockets are able to store more essence for your skin to absorb when applied to the skin.
- Each ingredient was chosen carefully to provide nutrients to the skin and assist the skin in recovering from a different skin concern. Comes in thirteen (13) different varieties.
- Allowing pores to fully absorb essential nutrients and nourishing ingredients for ultimate hydration
- 16-count set includes the following naturally-infused moisturizing beauty sheet mask: Egg White; Vitamin C; Banana; Honey; Rose; Apple; Tea Tree; Cucumber; Aloe; Avocado; Green Tea; Shea Butter; Coconut; Collagen; Coffee; and Charcoal.
- These thin, flexible sheet masks create a custom fit for your facial curves to ensure all-over treatment.
- Our exclusive blend of Mother Nature’s best ingredients aid in soothing your inflamed, sensitive skin
- This allows nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to reach cells for optimal healing and hydration.
- Infused with natural ingredients and potent nutrients, the Korean facial mask pack promotes collagen production, plumping skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- [What is hyaluronic acid?] hyaluronic acid is the ultimate ingredient for hydration. A powerful humectant (or substance that helps retain moisture), hyaluronic acid creates a protective layer that keeps skin plump, smooth and elastic.
- 14 combo 2 WEEKS SUPPLY pack of Hyaluronic Aqua Plus essence sheet mask. Hydration, soothing, brightening and firming. It contains hyaluronic acid for hydration, collagen, vitamin C, ceramide, madecassoside, peptide, and natural ingredients.
- Hydrate and soothe irritated skin and rejuvenate the skin at any time.
- 100% natural pure cotton sheet mask.
Choosing Fruit Facials By Skin Type
In today’s day and age, it is so easy to find an abundance of information on natural skincare. All of the fruits mentioned above can be helpful for your skin. The question is–which one is best for your skin?
There are five general skin types:
|Normal||well-balanced, and generally never too oily or dry|
|Dry||less sebum than the normal type, with tight, rough, and dry skin|
|Oily||excess oil production which often includes enlarged pores and acne|
|Combination||dryness in areas like the cheeks, excess oil production in other areas|
|Sensitive||more sensitive than the other types, and easily reactive|
If you have the normal skin type, you should find a consistent fruit facial that works for you. Since this skin type is generally not too oily or too dry, it is common to have clear skin, without a particular glow. To enhance your skin’s radiance, experiment with different fruit facial options, and see which one works best for you.
With the dry skin type, citrus fruits, avocados, and bananas can significantly boost moisture and suppleness. Avocados have a number of good fats that can bring dry skin to life. Citrus fruits have an abundance of vitamin C and other antioxidants that help fight off free radicals to keep the skin fresh and youthful. Bananas have potassium, which helps to hydrate the skin. If you have dry skin, consider using facials with these fruits.
For the oily skin type, it is important to balance moisture production. Berries, citrus fruits (especially lemons and oranges), and kiwis have great antioxidant properties. Citrus fruits close up pores, and they are generally great for acne-prone and oily skin. Incorporating these fruits into your facials can calm down oily skin while maintaining a beautiful natural glow. Also, it’s been found that cucumber extract is good for skin rejuvenation. Cucumber is good for skin rejuvenation. There is evidence that shows using cucumber extract in a topical cream exhibited a skin whitening effect and an anti-acne effect on the skin.
The combination skin type requires just what the name says: a combination. If you have this skin type, it is good to be aware of the different properties of fruits and see how you can use them best to your benefit when it comes to achieving clear, glowing skin. Take a look at the fruits mentioned above under the oily and dry skin types, and create a balance by mixing some of them, and/or by using them separately and seeing how your skin responds first.
If your skin is the sensitive type, it is important to know which fruits to use in facials in order to soothe your skin. Berries, specifically blueberries, can really help to calm down easily irritated skin. Since they contain vitamins A, C, and E, blueberries help with cell turnover as well as the calming down of inflammation. With sensitive skin, it is best to use individual ingredients on your face first to see how the response is.
Cleansing and Detoxing
When considering fruit facials, it is important to know what to do beforehand to prepare to ensure that your skin gets the most benefits from the nutrients.
Before you put anything on your face, it is important to have freshly cleaned skin. Aside from washing your face with gentle soaps, here are some other things you can do to make sure the pores on your skin can breathe:
- Use facial washes and cleansers specifically for the face.
- Use cleansing milk with a cotton pad to further clear your skin after washing it.
- Use facial scrubs to exfoliate your pores and remove dead skin cells as well as blackheads.
- Steam your skin using a humidifier or a regular pot of water over the stove (you can also rub your face with ice after to tighten the pores, which is great for oily type skin).
- Buy or create a DIY face pack (using bananas, tomato, or papaya, with sandalwood and rosewater to create a tight mask).
- Buy or make a DIY toner (using cucumber juice and rose water, for example), which helps maintain pH levels in your skin.
Making sure your skin is clean before you apply a fruit facial can really boost the positive effects it has. When you apply the fruit facial afterward, your skin is ready to absorb all the goodness, and create a nice glow.
Aside from cleansing the skin topically, it is also important to know how to detox the skin. This can be done by applying natural detoxifying agents onto your face, but also by ridding the body of toxins from the inside out.
Our skin is a mirror for what’s going on inside our bodies. In order for you to achieve luminous skin on the outside, you need to be mindful of what foods you intake. Of course, everything mentioned so far about the fruits to use on your skin is completely valid and helpful information. But it is also very important to provide radiance and nutrients from the inside as well.
Ways to detox your skin from the inside:
- Drink lots of water
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Limit sugar intake
- Consume more healthy fats (Omega-3s & Omega -6’s)
- Include probiotics into your daily diet
- Limit excessive dairy intake
- Consider drinking green juices
- Limit excessive caffeine intake
- Limit excessive sodium intake
- Maintain an overall balanced and healthy diet
Ways to detox your skin from the outside:
- Exfoliate your skin (facial scrubs are one way to do this)
- Double cleanse your skin
- Use facial peels
- Steam your face
- Let your skin breathe by fully cleaning it of makeup and debris from the day (when your pores are free, the skin can detox much more efficiently)
- Use Epsom salts
- Use charcoal or clay face masks
- Use vitamin C serums (or natural juice of fruits high in vitamin C)
Fruit Facials — At the Spa or At Home?
Many people enjoy getting facials – but do they have to go to the spa to get one? With natural skincare becoming a more widely accepted way to treat skin, people are finding alternative, homemade methods to do so.
The perks of having DIY fruit facial methods include:
- Knowing exactly what ingredients are being used
- Finding out what best fits your skin by way of experimentation
- Saving money
- Saving time
- Tailoring your experience exactly the way you desire
- Not being wasteful with food
- Achieving beautiful, radiant skin in your own home
Knowing the Ingredients
DIY natural fruit facials require you to put everything together. Of course, there are ingredients you may add to a facial mask that may not always be as clear as, say, what’s in a peach (literal ingredient: peach), but making a homemade mask requires being an active part of the process.
When you make a facial mask, you discover what precise ingredients cause your skin to respond in different ways, and you can also find the secret ingredients that can make your epidermis shine.
Experimenting with Ingredients That Best Fit Your Skin
Once you know the ingredients, you can experiment with them. You can add more of one fruit or less, and you can incorporate other things that can be more beneficial to your own skin’s needs. Some fruits may be more effective at brightening your skin.
Creating a glowing face is possible with the right ingredients. Fruits that can be beneficial to your skin are often accessible through local supermarkets and can be purchased while on general grocery-buying runs. That is not to say that facials done at spas are not worth it–for they usually definitely are–but it is good to know alternative ways to treat your skin, that can also save your wallet in the meantime.
Making it Yours
As mentioned before, you get to choose what goes into your fruit facial. That said, you can tweak it anyway you’d like. Even people who have the same skin types may require different fruits or overall ingredients for their facials. So, have fun with it.
Eliminating Food Waste
When you eat fruits and vegetables, it’s good to compost the parts you don’t need, are inedible, or are spoiled. But what if you use some of those and/or other food scraps for your face? There are so many great uses for the different parts of fruits that you can use to create fruit facials. Avoid wasting food and having radiant skin? That’s a good deal!
So Which Fruit Facial is Truly the Best?
With nearly 8 billion people in the world, each person with his or her own unique set of DNA, it can be difficult to determine the best means of skincare. It may be different for everyone. As mentioned, there are five distinct skin types, and a variety of different fruits, that when used solo or with other ingredients, can have wonderful effects on the liveliness and health of your skin.
Knowing the basic ins and outs, as well as the methods and foods that can provide you with the best possible facials for your skin, can lead to beautifully radiant skin.